Wednesday, August 6, 2014

birthday pub crawls and freebies!


Why Hello there all you out in the bloggersphere,

I hope you are all doing well, as promised, I am working on keeping you more up to date on my adventures. Since I last left you I had given you a brief overview of my travels and adventures in London, after being incredibly slack during my previous adventures. 

SO, In the last two weeks I have been working mostly… sucks really, but hey it means I can afford to eat and sleep somewhere – bonus in my books!
I am currently working as a temp receptionist in international student accommodation, I have been here for about a month and so far I am enjoying it, mostly I am enjoying coming home at the end of the day and not having to think about work. It is very different from the social work in Australia that I was doing where I would come home each night and never be able to switch my brain off worrying about the kids I worked with. So now I can do that – the beauty of the temp worker, I have no real obligations to stress further than that day. Mostly I have been working night shifts from 5-10pm, with the occasional day thrown in for good measure. The other part of it that I am enjoying is that I am getting to talk to students from all over the world, and hear some pretty ridiculously awesome accents. 

Most of the students here during the summer most of the students here are studying Shakespeare at a drama school, so I get to chat to my hearts content to people about Shakespeare, and who leave me their Shakespeare books when they check out. They also behind other goodies that they can’t carry back to their countries, including hair dryers, fans, books, and sometimes unopened food goodies. Now, I feel like London has taught me how to be a bit of a scab, taking the free goodies that come my way. Although I feel that it is ok when the students give them to you rather than throwing them in the bin. I think it just makes me thrifty!! Yay thrifty!! I know Emma loves it when I bring home presents haha.
Aside from work which has taken up most of my time, I have been hanging out at home with my housemates, or going out with my housemates. The house is pretty quiet at the moment as two people have left, and another two are on holidays, leaving only 3 of us left in the house…yes, there is normally 7 in our tiny little house. However there are always guests in our house that we smuggle in (because our landlord is a dick and doesn’t allow us to have guests unless he charges us extra).

So in terms of fun in the last week or so has been taking the trolley that we stole from Tesco (it has a new home in front of our house so that we can cart our groceries back and forwards… ) as well as going on a pub crawl for our housemates twenteenth birthday (yes, avoid becoming an adult as long as possible!)

Emma made a delicious chocolate mud cake for Ally’s birthday and I arrived home just in time for cake and pre drinks before heading out for the night. At Ally’s request I wore the dress I bought in Sweden that has panda’s, unicorns, cupcakes and the solar system scattered all over it’s blue fabric. Although, let’s be honest it wouldn’t take much to make me wear that on a normal day!
We headed out on the sweltering central line (seriously, my most hated line) and ran to meet another friend who had hooked us up with saving spots on the pub crawl for us. We got in, got our free shots and t-shirts, and the rest of the night consisted of dancing, more shots and jugs of mai tai’s. 
By about 2am I was sitting in Piccadilly Square watching the lights and people going by. London is really quite beautiful at night (and still incredibly busy). I should definitely make a point of coming outside more during the night, it is entirely different to the day!

As a mission for the night Emma and I sought to get Ally as many birthday hugs as possible! I believe by the end of the night I was the winner of scoring her the most hugs with the line “it’s my friends birthday, you should give her a birthday hug”. I think all together we tallied close to 30 hugs for her. 


By this stage Emma had already left for home, so Ally and I made our way to the night bus, but not before stopping for something to soak up the copious amounts of Sambuca shots. I don’t know how, but I seem to have a knack of finding creepy older guys determined to hold my hand. Tonight was no exception as we stood in line for burger king, I managed to find someone who would not let go of my hand, holding it against his chest whilst telling me that he thinks Australian’s are the nicest people. Yeah, keep holding my hand buddy and you will see how unfriendly Australian’s can get when I whoop your ass. Needless to say we got our food and got out of there and onto the night bus.

Hilarious story of the night though was when a guy sitting opposite me on the bus fell asleep and the bus swerved around the corner…next thing I knew he was on the floor with his head in my lap haha. He woke up abruptly and nobody could stop laughing whilst he hid his face in shame. His friend beside him kept breaking out in laughter for the next 20 minutes which would set both Ally and I off as well. I don’t think I have laughed so hard in a while.

The next day we got up without too much hassle… and had cake for breakfast. Breakfast of champions!! By the afternoon Emma, Mark, myself and Aidan all went to Regents park for a picnic. We lay in the grass watching the clouds go by, and enjoying the nice sunny English day. A few squirrels came to join us, we threw the tennis ball around (slash they threw, I ducked) and it was the perfect lazy day. We headed to the pub for another Sunday roast night (Veggo Bangers and mash for me!) and I had fallen asleep by 8:30pm tuckered up in bed.

I hope you are all extremely well!

..until next time,

Love B xo




No comments:

Post a Comment